[-]
Shout: -
Options
Smilies
Popup Shoutbox

Poll: How Long Should The Respawn Timer Be?
This poll is closed.
<5 Minutes
36.36%
4 36.36%
5-10 Minutes
18.18%
2 18.18%
20-30 Minutes
27.27%
3 27.27%
1-3 Hours
9.09%
1 9.09%
24 Hours
0%
0 0%
>1 Day
9.09%
1 9.09%
Total 11 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

We're Going Hardcore
Due to the outcome of a user poll conducted by user "Got Noms?", we will be installing a plugin that will temporarily disable use of the server upon player death.

The subject at hand is the length of punishment for death. How frightening/frustrating should death be? You are to vote on a selection of time possibilities that determine just how long you will be unable to play after dying on the server.

ADMINS: Your vote is for the welfare of the common user. All admins are exempt from the respawn timer in order to prevent admins from being eliminated from the equation when it comes to griefers and approving new users.

USERS: Your vote is your consequence. Your vote can do two things: decide how much you will get to play (if you frequently find yourself dead) and decide how long you can live in a world without your enemies (if you frequently find yourself killing other users). Griefing a dead player will be punishable sevenfold as compared to the usual warning system. This system is meant to add realism to and fear of death to the server, not to open up someone's belongings for the taking.

EVERY VOTE COUNTS HERE UNTIL PETITION OR REFORM IS CONSIDERED BY ALL ADMINISTRATORS.
I will not be voting on this...
Turban approves.
Don't mess with ANARCHY!

[Image: tt4wO.gif]

- MjSpeCter
Also, the plugin offers the ability for me to add "Respawn Tokens" that you can use to bypass the respawn timer. I'll probably issue about 10 of these to new players so that they have enough time to get used to the difficult challenges of leveling a new hero. We might hold regular contests to earn new ones so that players are not afraid to go on adventures.
That's actually really clever.
Makes it a little less harsh.
How about you make them more rare the shorter the respawn timer is?
I'm not a real bird.
don't tell anyone D:

[Image: h6DEF218C]

Results have been decided. Each player will get 3 starting tokens. After those are exhausted, the respawn timer will be 30 minutes (down from 3 hours since DJ changed votes).
I want to change it back to >1 Day.

(trolol)
Shouts to world peace, and the shit we yearn for.
Sometimes I worry that we only hurry to earn more.
Sometimes I worry that we only hurry to hustle.
Forgetting why we love, and all this beautiful struggle.
Open a petition for it.

Digg   Delicious   Reddit   Facebook   Twitter   StumbleUpon