4 18.18%
Softcore Server
27.27%
6 27.27%
Total 22 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Another Poll
I, myself, will be going full PvP in 1.4 whether you like it or not. The server owner must dominate all of his subjects. It is my question to you how you want to handle player deaths.

Two factors need to be voted on: keeping items on death and how long one stays dead.

The first: In 1.4, the option to turn off item dropping will become available. This means inventories will work like Terraria where death isn't a real punishment, just an inconvenience. Do we want that or traditional item drops to make death really something to avoid?

The second: The idea of a hardcore server is out of the question. We can't permaban someone for getting killed. The server is simply not big enough. The idea of a semi-hardcore server has been bouncing around in my head and I've asked a few people what they think. A semi-hardcore server would mean that if you die, you are temp-banned for a set period of time (usually a couple of days to make death really something to be scared of). Do we want death to be a real threat or still have instant spawns?

The choice is yours.
Maybe make it so dropping items upon death is like Runescape (Which I haven't played in years and am shocked that I remember anything about it), When a player dies, they keep several of their most valuable items, and drop the rest.
Shouts to world peace, and the shit we yearn for.
Sometimes I worry that we only hurry to earn more.
Sometimes I worry that we only hurry to hustle.
Forgetting why we love, and all this beautiful struggle.
There is no way to do that.
I think that if we find a plugin that makes it so you can go PvP anytime you want, like how it works in Terraria, would be interesting. I think if we can find such a plugin, we should try it.
I'm not a real bird.
don't tell anyone D:

[Image: h6DEF218C]

There are plugins that do that, but every one I've messed with is bugged to crap.
In my opinion, having PvP on at all times would be a more challenging and fun experience. Simply put, If two towns or religions are at war with each other, it seems odd to ask "Turn on your PvP." I can do dem sneak attacks. >=P

Also, If we are to have semi-hardcore I do not suggest a re-spawn after a few days because, theoretically, everyone can be temp-banned from the server if the last person left on the server happens to die after a royal rumble. In my opinion, the semi-hardcore re-spawn time should be decreased to hours just because of the traffic on the server at this time.

For the sake of items, usually people end up giving the stuff back to the person they killed, so I brainlessly pick 'Keep Items On Death'. =)

Don't mess with ANARCHY!

[Image: tt4wO.gif]

- MjSpeCter
I might make it 24 hours so you're not just counting the days, but I really want death to be something people fear. A softcore no item drop server (which is what the vote is headed towards) is just challengeless? What's stopping you from running head first into someone's town and taking on everyone there? Nothing, because if they kill you, all that happened is they damaged their swords.
if your just about to mine diamond someone has been stalking you they come up kill you loot your diamonds and troll you
[Image: Rhino-warthog-fruity-pebbles.gif?]

"Am I the only one with out a quote?"
-Altrive
That's how it goes. But you can do that on any server.
Tongue well, even though it's not challening, at least it's not a pain in the ass to get back your diamond stuff...or just put spares in an ender chest Big Grin
[Image: auolpd1bb91.png]
MjSpecter - 13-12-00:54 -- Ohhh, I do the cashier at Wendy's every sat,sun and mon.
MjSpecter - 13-12-00:54 -- It's a soft job now.

Digg   Delicious   Reddit   Facebook   Twitter   StumbleUpon