1 9.09%
Do Not Install Towny Advanced.
90.91%
10 90.91%
Total 11 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Final Towny Poll
I write this while rocking out to "Fallen Kingdom" at 2:30+ in the AM, but as I check plugin updates, I felt it necessary to ask one more time if we want Towny.

READ ALL OF THIS BEFORE VOTING TO KEEP IT ACCURATE

Yet again, I'll be listing pros and cons, but this time with a bit of my personal views as well. Also, instead of a pro/con list, I'll just explain how the game will work with or without Towny Advanced.

WITH Towny: You'll join the game, pick your race (if you're doing it right), and immediately have to look for a town, unless being a hermit is your goal. With the way I think Towny should be used this update, all towns will be closed, meaning you'll have to wait for a mayor to be online in order to join a town. My plan (since emeralds will be the currency) is to make Towny free of charge if we use it, meaning that once you join the town, you own't be able to buy property. I don't like property lines, because people tend to fill up their property as much as possible, resulting in ugly scenery. Instead, I'd rather town members be allowed to build anywhere and have it approved by the mayor and assistant mayors in order for it to stay there. This way, we have normal-looking homes and no strange plot borders. However, even though Towny offers grief protection from outsiders, that system could lead to internal grief. With Towny, antigrief comes at the price of freedom to relocate.

WITHOUT Towny: You'll join the game, pick your race (if you're doing it right), and immediately start looking for where your race has settled. I'll be installing DynMap again so that it might be easier to locate online members. Upon arrival, you'll start playing SMP. That's it. Good old Minecraft. The only disadvantage is the lack of universal antigrief service. However, on the Falreon and Frogpants servers, there is no antigrief aside from WorldGuard to protect spawn, and those servers work out just fine using plugins like LogBlock to track and deal with griefing. This option, having faith in the maturity of the Sithous Community, is my personal choice. Without Towny, freedom to relocate comes at the risk of grief.

However, the choice is yours. Let the voting begin!

Would the plugin to lock chests still be installed with or without Towny?
Shouts to world peace, and the shit we yearn for.
Sometimes I worry that we only hurry to earn more.
Sometimes I worry that we only hurry to hustle.
Forgetting why we love, and all this beautiful struggle.
the second option makes bandit raids possible
while the first one really does not benefit the Ra' Handrian way of life.....which is utter chaos...
The lock chests plugin is totally separate.
This is a tough one. I do hate the Towny property lines, and how there would be random floating block in properties (AKA "ugly scenery"). No Towny does seem risky though, because a griefed property would look worse than a property with ugly scenery.

My final though, have a "trial" without Towny and in case griefing is a major problem, then reinstall Towny.
Shouts to world peace, and the shit we yearn for.
Sometimes I worry that we only hurry to earn more.
Sometimes I worry that we only hurry to hustle.
Forgetting why we love, and all this beautiful struggle.

Digg   Delicious   Reddit   Facebook   Twitter   StumbleUpon