4 57.14%
I want Tekkit.
42.86%
3 42.86%
Total 7 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Important Poll I - Tekkit
Since Hack/Mine seems to have broken server software, I'll have to say no to that idea.

EDIT: I've gotten it to work, but it's a bit buggy. After all, the server software isn't fully supported yet and the mod itself is in beta.
its still cool as heck :p
[Image: Rhino-warthog-fruity-pebbles.gif?]

"Am I the only one with out a quote?"
-Altrive
Considering the way I've always seen the server and how it works, and the fact that I've only gotten a taste, I'm curious to see what Tekkit can do. It's won over my vote over the last day or two.
At times, the one approach the simple man takes is the only road the complex man is blind to.
The idea of Hack/Mine has officially been thrown out due to outdated software issues and lack of Bukkit support.
nuuuuuuuu! darn it >.<

-Altrive
I know it's a great mod, but I can't open the server up to griefers like that when there are plenty of things Bukkit can do to simulate the same effect.
Okay, so on second thought, I'm still considering Hack/Mine. My only problems are the lack of antigrief (unless I can find a good one), the outdated software, and the complications of getting it installed for some people. I might be a bit picky, but I also don't like the foliage and grass colors the mod uses. It looks ugly. Am I doing something wrong or is it a problem with Technic Launcher?
well if you play with fast settings the color of the top of the grass will look different then the color on the side

the side is a default and is always green unless told differently

in textures the grass must be white and whith fast it switches to the side of the block can only be green while the top can be any color

-Altrive
Colors fixed, so that's no problem. There also appears to be an Essentials plugin for H/M, which I'll check out soon.
so it may be in the picture!

-Altrive
Yeah, I kind of forgot to give my opinion on this. But better late than never right?

To start off, I just want to say that I know I don't have a lot of experience with either Bukkit or Tekkit (and zero experience with hack/mine). So, I have no idea which is a better fit for the server for 2 reasons.

1 - I am not familiar with Bukkit or Tekkit and don't know their capabilities/limitations.

2 - I don't know how you want your server to function or what you visioned the server to be like when you decided that you wanted to host your own server. Because my only idea of what you want to server to be like is my very limited knowledge of the server with Bukkit. And even then there is a possibility that Bukkit didn't function the way you hoped.

But I want you to know one more thing. No matter what anyone says in this thread, you are the one that is going to decide which direction the server goes, and I trust that you will choose what's best. Remember when you made that poll about which plugins we should keep? You said that you wanted to get rid of Heroes because it was too complicated. At the time, I didn't understand what you meant by that. Now, I understand where you were coming from, and I'm even a perfect example of why you thought the plugin was too complex. All I've done with Heroes is choosen my path, and leveled it up. I still don't know how to bind or use skills. The point is, from that point on, I trusted that you would always do what you think is best, and that's why I'm not going to vote for Bukkit nor Tekkit. Because I feel that my opinion isn't valid, and that yours should be the most important factor in choosing the path that the server will take.

Holy shit that's longer than it sounded in my head...
Shouts to world peace, and the shit we yearn for.
Sometimes I worry that we only hurry to earn more.
Sometimes I worry that we only hurry to hustle.
Forgetting why we love, and all this beautiful struggle.

Digg   Delicious   Reddit   Facebook   Twitter   StumbleUpon