4 57.14%
I want Tekkit.
42.86%
3 42.86%
Total 7 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Important Poll I - Tekkit
I've been playing Tekkit for a few days now and have determined it is the coolest thing to ever happen in Minecraft. If you don't know what Tekkit is, look it up right now or watch the Yogscast Let's Play on it that they recently started. I'm sure Avery can point you to some other good Tekkit demonstrations. After playing on a local server for all this time, I've come to the decision that I'll ask you community members to decide what we do. In the following paragraph, I will not say pros or cons, because all of these points can be both pros and cons depending on the reader, but exactly what will happen.

If we do not get Tekkit: The update will come out and I'll be replacing Heroes for mcMMO. We'll use emeralds for currency (still being debated since the recent update to villager trading) and just play some Minecraft. All plugins will be plug-and-play style plugins that no one needs to know anything about to use or are easily figured out. Our biggest goals will be to create good-looking structures or complicated devices using the vanilla game's resources. We will have Towny to protect ourselves from griefers and to divide the players into groups so that the groups may compete.

If we do get Tekkit: We'll have an amazing mod pack that makes Minecraft very much like the modern world. I'll be forced to not have an RPG plugin because of Tekkit's custom items. Plugins will still be simple, but Tekkit's expansive item collection will make construction complicated if you decide to actually use Tekkit and not the vanilla game's resources. It will still be possible to play vanilla Minecraft, but you'll run into Tekkit's blocks underground. BOSEconomy will be a possibility just because the parts will be valuable to everyone, especially people too lazy to read wikis. Our biggest goals will include building a modern society where everyone has a job. We won't have Towny, so to protect from grief, we may have to rely on other plugins or just have a free-build world.

If anyone has anything to add, feel free to do so below. When you vote, be sure to post your reason so that I know what my users are thinking.

Thanks.
i like complexity as much as i do organized chaos..if you PONY!
just griefing is my mainest concern... if you spaghetti...
I'll give my two cents on this later when I have my computer and don't have to try formatting a post on my phone.
Shouts to world peace, and the shit we yearn for.
Sometimes I worry that we only hurry to earn more.
Sometimes I worry that we only hurry to hustle.
Forgetting why we love, and all this beautiful struggle.
wasnt this an RP server? why do tekkit when you can do hack/mine? i mean that fits more and it proves much more of a challenge plus then we can be ACTUAL dwarves Tongue lol
[Image: Rhino-warthog-fruity-pebbles.gif?]

"Am I the only one with out a quote?"
-Altrive
I was going to post a poll on that later, Altrive. Trust me, I've got a plan.
I put up Tekkit because I wanted to see if people were interested in a modern world RP.
Furthermore, I don't really look at it as a roleplaying server, but a server with roleplayers. I'm also here to benefit people who don't take an interest in RP.
some people dont understand some of the contraptions and some people dont wanna go on youtube to google it. but hey im not bothered by either but i think hack/mine would be extremly fun ;p

-Altrive
I played some Hack/Mine this morning. I agree that it would be awesome, but it makes the game a lot like Terraria in that you have to fight much more often than you get to build, which is the core part of Minecraft. I'll mention that when that poll goes up.
but there are more dungeons and its more exciting and intense

-Altrive
You're right. I do like the special items, too. I'm just wary of the inability to build towns.
it makes it more of a challenge you want it to be done legit
so make it harder :3

-Altrive

Digg   Delicious   Reddit   Facebook   Twitter   StumbleUpon