[-]
Shout: -
Options
Smilies
Popup Shoutbox

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

WAR REPORT
Today, 2-23-12, war ensued between the Merfolk and the Grim. True to our word, we, The Brotherhood, joined the fight.
The First Skirmish:
Four Brotherhood members(Myself, Emi, Alt, and Sophix) and one Grim member(MJ) took the offensive straight to the Merfolk base. We found most buildings empty, and walls hastily erected through tunnels to stop our advance. Barring the occasional Jellyfish, we went unscathed. We found ??? barred up in a hole, hiding. I am going to give my unbiased opinion and say that this was not a cowardly act- instead, it was 2 v 5. What would you have done?
I personally believe that this battle was unfair, and that the Brotherhood's sense of honor has been tarnished. I would have preferred a fairer fight, and I hope to redeem my clan in any following battles.
This war was not depicted by me, the people got what they wanted. The switch was not flipped by me but another person within our Alliance... I do not know who.

Also, there is more than 1 member in the Legion (Emi,Sophix,Wazzy, some other).

I agree that this was not a fair brawl and in those terms i am not declaring it a victory.

But now... The war is ON!

Don't mess with ANARCHY!

[Image: tt4wO.gif]

- MjSpeCter
(02-23-2012, 09:15 PM)Xaol Wrote: Today, 2-23-12, war ensued between the Merfolk and the Grim. True to our word, we, The Brotherhood, joined the fight.
The First Skirmish:
Four Brotherhood members(Myself, Emi, Alt, and Sophix) and one Grim member(MJ) took the offensive straight to the Merfolk base. We found most buildings empty, and walls hastily erected through tunnels to stop our advance. Barring the occasional Jellyfish, we went unscathed. We found ??? barred up in a hole, hiding. I am going to give my unbiased opinion and say that this was not a cowardly act- instead, it was 2 v 5. What would you have done?
I personally believe that this battle was unfair, and that the Brotherhood's sense of honor has been tarnished. I would have preferred a fairer fight, and I hope to redeem my clan in any following battles.

Although I had wanted a no-battle, but it happened anyways, like how I had mentioned in my signatures, etc. I was just about glad the war wasn't going to start when I presented Mj with my memorial (7777 west, 778 above; now destroyed) and he said "I like it." But, as you see, that wasn't really the case.

The next day, he had me come to the place I had created, and had the Merfolk side of the memorial blown in front of my face, with "Got Noms?" present.

A few hours later, Xaol came along, and asked for me to bring him over to the old ruins of the memorial. And so I did.

Over there, we found that MjSpecter and Got Noms? had made "changes," instead of having it with the Merfolk clan, it had both the colors of the SS and the Brotherhood, representing "The Great Alliance."

And Xaol asked me to stand on one side of the "peace memorial" and Mj to stand on the other. He asked,"Do you want peace?" and I answered a yes. And then Xaol asked Mj, but was refused, and Xaol began to prepare to boom the Memorial. While Xaol was busy with wiring and adding a switch, Mj said that "I don't want a war, but I don't want peace." But was then told that there was only two sides of a coin, and not three sides. Xaol asked Mj if he was sure about this, and that if he really wanted no, he would flip the switch.

Unfortunately, he was not able to do that, as someone else did it for him (I do not know who). It was this event that started the war.

Now, my version of the war battle.

After the incident of the bombing, both sides went into a panic. We were being told to switch into red, then back, and vice versa, although I see that this may be to have a second to reveal the current position of the opponent.

Then came the actual battle.

Because I had learned that the death of the leader means the end of the battle, I thought it will be most wise to turn head-tail. Therefore, I focused more on defense than offense. I went and locked down all possible entrances into the clan area, including the warps. Then I did one thing that most people shouldn't do: hiding themselves without blending into an environment.

It was the sudden appearance of a Merfolk that took me.

It turned out that they were on the red team, and they were searching rapidly for me. It was Mj that had found me, hiding under the passage-way to the Rainbow Rod maze and the Wilderness. And I played duck, although I should have been using the same opportunity to attack. And I continued siting there.

I had then found that Xaol was participating in the war anyways, as he had left after the explosion. He went and mined the blocks I enclosed my self in, and the stacked enemies waiting for the opportunity went in for the attack.

I learned some stuff along the battle, like most others (not telling you what Wink).

Unfortunately, I believe this war is similar to the others. It will most likely have multiple battles, before it be officially called over and the winner wins and the loser loses. In my sight, I do not see this war already over. I have tried my best to prevent this war, but with this incident, I cannot see light.

But I will tell you this, when the next battle comes, I shall remind everyone that two sides of lightning will not strike twice.

For those that wants to know what my memorial was, I had made a signature of it. I shall post it here.
[Image: signaturepeace2.jpg]
Code:
[IMG]http://img7.imageshack.us/img7/7416/signaturepeace2.jpg[/IMG]
The middle sign said "Your current position: 7777 feet west, 778 feet above." ; )

This is ???, signing off.

EDIT: Oh wow, this is my 55th post Big Grin
[Image: PDUmXZ6.png]
[Image: lWbyfQH.gif]
Well, it seems now I'm at war with myself...And that is pretty damn stupid :/
(02-24-2012, 12:17 AM)Deathclaw99 Wrote: Well, it seems now I'm at war with myself...And that is pretty damn stupid :/

And this is why you cannot be in multiple factions...
And also Killer;
Thank you for giving your side of the battle. I went offline after the switch was pulled, so your detailed recounting of this has helped me to see both sides of this.
I rejoined the server right as the battle had begun. I saw my members and MJ already diving into the water- not knowing who had started the battle, but trusting my members, I followed them in. It wasn't until after that I learned we had started the offensive. Let me be clear. The Brotherhood stands as protectorates of the Grim. If they are attacked, we will either a) fight for them, or b) defend them if the attack is still going.
Yesterday, my members did something else- they attacked with MJ. I have since told them where we stand in this, and they know not to do it again unless an aforementioned event is triggered.
My version of the war

I hear ??? and mj talking, so i tp to ??? and see the peace building. I then, being the only other merfolk speak on behalf of the leaders who weren't there. I suggested peace but xaol placed a switch and explosions everywhere and all of a sudden Boom.

The war was on. I take out some gill potions and invisibility potions. I then take out emi and sophix while undercover. I all of a sudden realize there all in the hole where ??? was. I went down invisibly and start throwing light disks rapidly. I believe I took out 2 people, one of which was not mj and I had been slayed then ??? was also.
My names is Lroy324 if im called Iroy324 then i have no idea what im going to do any ideas?

Clark AKA Iroy325, I don't know if you did kill two people at the Peace Building but I know for a fact that you only killed Sophix when we were in your city.

And I thought Merfolk had a uniform...?
Don't mess with ANARCHY!

[Image: tt4wO.gif]

- MjSpeCter
(02-25-2012, 01:36 PM)MjSpecter Wrote: Clark AKA Iroy325, I don't know if you did kill two people at the Peace Building but I know for a fact that you only killed Sophix when we were in your city.

And I thought Merfolk had a uniform...?

First:Lroy324
Second:I didnt kill 2 people at the peace building it was in the city
Third:Yes sophix and i killed emi while she entered through the top
Fourth:We're merfolk we dont need a uniform we are one

My names is Lroy324 if im called Iroy324 then i have no idea what im going to do any ideas?

Digg   Delicious   Reddit   Facebook   Twitter   StumbleUpon