[-]
Shout: -
Options
Smilies
Popup Shoutbox

• 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average

Protect your game experience!
Information 
Read this quote and join in on supporting Zidonuke on getting the creators of Terraria to up the security, giving the server more control.
Currently the client has more control then the actual server does leaving huge exploits. I don't know If I will be able to continue hosting for Terraria unless these exploits are fixed.

Read this quote by DeathCradle over at TDSM.org:
direct link: http://tdsm.org/index.php/topic,734.0.html

Quote:As most people are aware the Terraria Protocol basically lets the Client do practically anything it wishes.
Between Server Mods like TDSM and TShock, we try to prevent as much as possible. But there is a fine line between what we can and cannot do.

Zidonuke, a fellow developer is attempting to bring the Server Security issue to Redigit's attention. He has made a Client to show the public it's flaws and how the Client controls the Server!

We all know that most people love more content, But frankly what's the point if someone is just going to ruin it in a matter of seconds.

What we ask of you is to help support Zidonuke in his attempt to get this dealt with. In order to do so head on over to the thread at Terraria Online,
http://www.terrariaonline.com/threads/multiplayer-protocol-failness-redigit-fix-multiplayer-security.68839/

It would be great if you can comment/like the post, But for those who wish to see more proof, please do check this out,
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AqGJGhuHJlhrdDNfcWVwUkhjcUFrLTI1eS01cG1fR0E&hl=en_US#gid=3

Thank you.

Please join in on going to the thread on terrariaonline to support Zidonuke on getting the security buffed up.
If enough of the community joins in, I'm sure they will have to listen!
[Image: lane_change.gif]
Doubt they are going to do a recode, maybe for V2.
Hopefully they do something about this in 1.1.1 which gets released in 5 days. #fingerscrossed
Shouts to world peace, and the shit we yearn for.
Sometimes I worry that we only hurry to earn more.
Sometimes I worry that we only hurry to hustle.
Forgetting why we love, and all this beautiful struggle.
(12-10-2011, 02:00 PM)DJSulli Wrote: Hopefully they do something about this in 1.1.1 which gets released in 5 days. #fingerscrossed

Won't happen.
Ah, but you never know.

But Redigit is very ignorant and will most likely not do it any time soon, if at all.
[Image: lane_change.gif]
They said the NBA season wouldn't happen...
Shouts to world peace, and the shit we yearn for.
Sometimes I worry that we only hurry to earn more.
Sometimes I worry that we only hurry to hustle.
Forgetting why we love, and all this beautiful struggle.
(12-10-2011, 11:54 PM)DJSulli Wrote: They said the NBA season wouldn't happen...

Last I checked the NBA season still wasn't going to happen ;P

Digg   Delicious   Reddit   Facebook   Twitter   StumbleUpon