[-]
Shout: -
Options
Smilies
Popup Shoutbox

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

need halp
Alright! so, I finally got the desk for my computer built, the computer running, and windows, but i have a slight problem...

Windows won't boot up, it freezes halfway through it's startup screen.

Any help on how to fix this so I can use my computer? Ty much.

Extra info: I've tried both HDD and SSD, both of them ended up having windows freeze. So pls. I needed the help b0ss.
[Image: auolpd1bb91.png]
MjSpecter - 13-12-00:54 -- Ohhh, I do the cashier at Wendy's every sat,sun and mon.
MjSpecter - 13-12-00:54 -- It's a soft job now.
Are these fresh installs of windows?

Did you check the bios to make sure your settings are good? Mainly CPU settings such as the speed.

You may wanna try using someone elses ram or putting your ram in someone else's computer.

Its also possible you have the sata cable for the drive in the wrong port but this is unlikely but worth a shot.
[Image: lane_change.gif]
Ram i tried as well. I might check the satas when i get home today. The settings should be fine for this since i set it to balanced. And yes, this brand spankin new Windows 7, fresh out of the box.
MjSpecter - 13-12-00:54 -- Ohhh, I do the cashier at Wendy's every sat,sun and mon.
Bad ram usually wont post, unless multiple sticks running in paired, take all but one out untill it wont post, also run win mem test that you can do with your install disk
[Image: war.gif]

[Image: 76561197978204513.png]

MjSpecter - 15-11-03:53 -- I just did Wendy's cashier... hard for first time
It's also possible it may be a UEFI issue.
Sorry for not updating this, but I found out I need to re-format my SSD snce it as a gift from my friend. But he didn't wipe it. So I need to wipe it in order for the windows to work.
You said it was a new install of Windows.
I did, Ive had the windows 7 disk unopened until recently. I was gonnna boot it off the SSD. But the SSD I received was from my friend who had his boot drive on that same SSD. He didnt wipe/reformat it, so when i tried to boot off the SSD, it would try to go straight to windows. Thats where my problem was.
Were you even trying to boot off the CD or were you trying the SSD straight away?
(01-27-2015, 05:29 PM)Skylord123 Wrote: Were you even trying to boot off the CD or were you trying the SSD straight away?

I was trying to boot off the CD, because I saw the TUT on Neweggs youtube account and I was only given the option to run it off my HDD. I tried looking for the option to boot it off the CD, but there was none. Idk what I did wrong, because evrything is plugged in where it's supposed to be.

Digg   Delicious   Reddit   Facebook   Twitter   StumbleUpon