[-]
Shout: -
Options
Smilies
Popup Shoutbox

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Hypothetical Server
Now the the website's up, we might as well have a few new discussions pop up. So this brings up: IF Sithous could have any sort of server, what would it be?

When answering this question, try to format it something similar to:

1)Game:
2)Player Count:
3)Gamemode within game:
4)Reason why Sithous should host it:
5)How could Sithous get donations from it?:
6)How long do you think it would take to set up?:
7)Comments/Misc. Notes:

Just to think out a blueprint that could potentially be used one day, or to get you to think much deeper into what it takes to get something popular. I got one, and I'm going to keep whining about it until I get one ;P

1) Garry's Mod

2) 9-13 (4 = 1 Traitor)

3) Trouble in Terrorist Town

4) It's much easier to get a growing player count with generally accepted maps. (CS:S Maps, 67th way, Crummy Cradles, etc.)

5) Selling packages of points/Monthly points for VIP to buy cosmetics, vote kicking, Traitor/Detective rounds, etc.

6) Probably a while because of the current issues, but hell, it'd play that thing quite a bit, since I never had a reason to stay on a single server.

7) An 8 player slot allows for 2 terrorists, so when one leaves right before a new round, the only traitor ends up overwhelmed with several opponents. A little bit over 8 will increase the likeliness of two traitors per round. Two traitors also allow more dynamic gameplay if they choose to play as team mates for the round.

A 4-6 player slot match would be too small to get enough attention, if this was to be the decision, more than one TTT server would be required.

Do post your thoughts, because sometimes when you're on the spot, you sometimes end up having none.
[Image: 2rr5206.jpg]
One pretty damn good way to get money is by having a good pixelmon server. Pixelmon is pokemon in mc. I've recently been playing a server like this and ever since it has opened, it's had over 2000$ in donations, why? Because they put OP items like Rare candies masterballs etc. in the shop for 5$. It would be kinda cool to see if that could work out. And like Ray said with IG benefits, they give you shinies, if yo donate 20$ you get 1, donate 30$ you get 2, etc. (sorry i didn't follow the format) felt lazy :p)
[Image: auolpd1bb91.png]
MjSpecter - 13-12-00:54 -- Ohhh, I do the cashier at Wendy's every sat,sun and mon.
MjSpecter - 13-12-00:54 -- It's a soft job now.
I was actually really considering hosting a TTT server once I get the server put back online. I know they get pretty popular and I am fairly good at programming lua so I can create whatever we need (the only thing I hate doing is GUI/HUDs in lua). I did a ton of custom code for the freebuild gmod server. I could add a system that registered users get some special thing and then if you are VIP you get something even better.

I also really like the idea of the Pixelmon server. I haven't ever played on a server like that, but if it is really good at pulling in players and money then I may just consider hosting for it. Hell, I may even start creating plugins just for MC if we go that route.

What we really need is more programmers in the community. I have the entire new website on github as well as many other projects I am working on. Anyone that knows programming can jump in and lend a hand, but I don't believe there are any in our community so far. I know Xaol did some programming, but wasn't really a programmer because he didn't keep up on it (as far as I knew).
[Image: lane_change.gif]
Awesome Big Grin

Anyone else got any fancy shmancy ideas? Lay em out now and let it rest. :p
[Image: 2rr5206.jpg]
(08-26-2013, 01:12 AM)Skylord123 Wrote: I was actually really considering hosting a TTT server once I get the server put back online. I know they get pretty popular and I am fairly good at programming lua so I can create whatever we need (the only thing I hate doing is GUI/HUDs in lua). I did a ton of custom code for the freebuild gmod server. I could add a system that registered users get some special thing and then if you are VIP you get something even better.

I also really like the idea of the Pixelmon server. I haven't ever played on a server like that, but if it is really good at pulling in players and money then I may just consider hosting for it. Hell, I may even start creating plugins just for MC if we go that route.

What we really need is more programmers in the community. I have the entire new website on github as well as many other projects I am working on. Anyone that knows programming can jump in and lend a hand, but I don't believe there are any in our community so far. I know Xaol did some programming, but wasn't really a programmer because he didn't keep up on it (as far as I knew).
Pixelmon has gotten popular lately, which is why i suggested this, it's pretty fun right now. as I'm playing it right now, also the TTT sounds really cool, I'd like to see what you can do'z
MjSpecter - 13-12-00:54 -- Ohhh, I do the cashier at Wendy's every sat,sun and mon.
TF2 server would be cool and fun to play on and its also good and free to play Big Grin
[Image: im-watching-you.jpg]
(08-29-2013, 10:00 PM)AlanTheDudeGuy Wrote: TF2 server would be cool and fun to play on and its also good and free to play Big Grin

From what i heard a while back is that TF2 wasnt very popular.

Also, Sky, if you want to try out a good server (for pixelmon) I play on play.pokeheavenmc.com, This is just an example of a great pixelmon server if we can end up doing that in the near future.

Digg   Delicious   Reddit   Facebook   Twitter   StumbleUpon