[-]
Shout: -
Options
Smilies
Popup Shoutbox

• 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average

Battles & Bullions Minecraft Server Fund
(06-07-2013, 10:49 PM)DJSulli Wrote:
(06-07-2013, 10:16 PM)Northir Wrote: the disclaimer is irrelephant, the fact would remain, a donation to you would be a slap in the face to sky and myself

This is off-topic but I love the way you spelled "irrelevant".

[Image: Irrelephant_87118a_608537.jpg]
If you dwell on what was, you'll be blind as to what is. But you can always learn from what was to make what is better.
-XiaoXiaoMan

[Image: 76561198047427978.png]
i think what nero ment was [Image: irrelephant.jpg]
[Image: war.gif]

[Image: 76561197978204513.png]

MjSpecter - 15-11-03:53 -- I just did Wendy's cashier... hard for first time
Let's tone down the elephants before Forim quits. Again.
Shouts to world peace, and the shit we yearn for.
Sometimes I worry that we only hurry to earn more.
Sometimes I worry that we only hurry to hustle.
Forgetting why we love, and all this beautiful struggle.
Yea guys... We don't have the koalafications to talk like this in Duece's thread.
[Image: Rhino-warthog-fruity-pebbles.gif?]

"Am I the only one with out a quote?"
-Altrive
[Image: lion-puns.jpg]

[Image: koalafications_design.png]
[Image: war.gif]

[Image: 76561197978204513.png]

MjSpecter - 15-11-03:53 -- I just did Wendy's cashier... hard for first time
(06-07-2013, 03:32 PM)DeuceMac Wrote: but it will be run using the same model that brought many users to Sithous for Minecraft in the first place and didn't fail until I stopped watching over it.

The server failed while you were watching over it.. Since you stopped, things have actually been better. You left because you said you were stressed out from running the server.

The server didn't fail because you stopped watching over it.
[Image: lane_change.gif]
Erm, that's not what I heard from other users (not pointing out names, because that's not fair to them). The server had begun to decline just before I left, but that was due to the way the superadmins were treating the users. Not to mention, I'm sure the users noticed my negative attitude toward the end and could've been discouraged.

I maintained a user base (a growing one at that) for the vast majority of my time administering to it. Just last week I asked someone how the server was doing. My response was, "It's going good. Average users are about... 0."

You're right. I did leave because I was stressed out. I was stressed out because I was being undermined by people who weren't used to an environment where they weren't in charge and childishly took matters into their own hands. Every time I'd log in, someone informed me that a superadmin had done something (and it was typically explicitly against my rules). Within a week of my departure, I began to receive numerous messages via Skype from users who wanted me to come back and told me they had left because I'd told them no, so pardon me if my sources inform me that the user base plummeted when I left.

If I'm not welcome to come here and bring back Minecraft the way it's always been, that's fine. I have friends and we'll figure something out. But I have friends at Sithous, too (or at least I think I do), and I want to give them an easy opportunity to support something in which they'd like to participate. I stated in my previous post that if anyone considers donating to me that they should first donate to Sithous. It's up to the users' discretion as to whether or not they do just that.

While it may be an insult for someone to support my cause and not yours, the server did not "fail" while I was watching over it alone. It was only after the superadmins stepped in that the system I'd put into place began to malfunction and user satisfaction dropped. After leaving, even Xaol admitted to me that the only admins that were ethical and doing their jobs were me and my hand-selected admins. Unfortunately, Steam doesn't save message history, so I can't prove this claim.

I believe the only people who were satisfied when I left were the superadmins and the users who wanted Factions (who I was told bled off after a time).

To conclude, I mean no insult to any member of Sithous (or anyone at all for that matter). My claims are only based on what I've been told by Sithous' own users. I mean not to solicit money from anyone who has not already supported the Community. If anyone has an issue, address me in private via Skype or Steam.
DJ is the grammar king love long words that are spelt correctly Big Grin
[Image: im-watching-you.jpg]

Digg   Delicious   Reddit   Facebook   Twitter   StumbleUpon