[-]
Shout: -
Options
Smilies
Popup Shoutbox

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Server ranks
Hi I have noticed on the terraria serve that there is basically 2 ranks I only see and that is the Guest rank and the user rank. I would like to make a surgest ion that there is a new rank that is along the lines of trusted. It could be similar to VIP but a bit worse because then there isn't people who register on the site to get the blue name and then never go on the site again. I would like this for people like me who do play on the server but who do actually post on the website because I find it a bit unfair how people are the same as me in the terraria server when I have spent longer time than them posting on the forums and stuff unlike when some people just register and never post anything. I think this would also be good because then it will encourage people to vote more because then they can get a new rank etc like the rank of User. Please consider this. Thanks
[Image: im-watching-you.jpg]
I totally agree with you. Actually on some some servers, there was different 'ranks' with 'user' rank. There is 'Active User' which is obvious, the meaning, and there is 'New user' which also speaks for itself.

Now with that being said, I think we should adopt some fancy 'add-ons' to 'User' like... 'Novice User' and 'Elite User' or... the equivalent would be 'Dj's Crew' and 'Mj's Elites'.

Just some suggestions, but that is just me. What do you guys think? :P
Don't mess with ANARCHY!

[Image: tt4wO.gif]

- MjSpeCter
(06-04-2013, 06:53 PM)MjSpecter Wrote: I totally agree with you. Actually on some some servers, there was different 'ranks' with 'user' rank. There is 'Active User' which is obvious, the meaning, and there is 'New user' which also speaks for itself.

Now with that being said, I think we should adopt some fancy 'add-ons' to 'User' like... 'Novice User' and 'Elite User' or... the equivalent would be 'Dj's Crew' and 'Mj's Elites'.

Just some suggestions, but that is just me. What do you guys think? Tongue

I agree on adding some sort of prefix to the users, although I would also suggest using it for clan names too.

And like what you said, have a separate rank based on how long they've been on the server.
[Image: PDUmXZ6.png]
[Image: lWbyfQH.gif]
Yeh I like the ideas you added on mj and hidden
We can only get this done thought if we get permission from SkyLord to do this :L
I would also like to add that the way people could get better ranks such as trusted, elite user etc could be by exceeding a certain number of posts in the forums because I have know recently that there hasn't been to many posts in the forums and the amount of posts per day is at a rather small amount of posts a day. I think they could also achieve a special rank by playing a certain amount of time on the servers like X hours can get you this rank etc. I think this could encourage more people to play on the servers more and get posting because it seems people like to have ranks because enough people want to register on the website to get a blue name with a user tag. I would also like this because there is some people that have a few seconds on their profile of time online on the website. I find this slightly annoying because I have been posting a fair bit quite recently (as you all know Tongue ) and I have spent some time on the website and on the server I have the same privileges as people who have been on the website for a matter of seconds. I don't mean this in a harsh way but I'm just saying that this could help people either way.
thanks.
You have only seen two ranks. There are currently 10 ranks on the server.

user
newadmin
admin
trustedadmin
vip
bestadmin
default (comes with every tshock install, not really used).
supporter

and then God which is programmed to have all permissions.
[Image: lane_change.gif]
Yes but then there are 2 ranks that you can only get where you do not donate to the server which I cannot do since I'm not old enough and I would like a rank above user which you don't have to donate to the server for.
(06-08-2013, 04:07 PM)AlanTheDudeGuy Wrote: Yes but then there are 2 ranks that you can only get where you do not donate to the server which I cannot do since I'm not old enough and I would like a rank above user which you don't have to donate to the server for.

This is part of the reason we Skylar and myself are considering another Super Secret Project.
Shouts to world peace, and the shit we yearn for.
Sometimes I worry that we only hurry to earn more.
Sometimes I worry that we only hurry to hustle.
Forgetting why we love, and all this beautiful struggle.
Ohhhh I look forward to that super secret project Tongue

Digg   Delicious   Reddit   Facebook   Twitter   StumbleUpon