[-]
Shout: -
Options
Smilies
Popup Shoutbox

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Terraria Server
Hello there,

I have managed to make a server which I have port forwarded it. However the program I use to run the server is TShock. I just wanted to know what you use to run your server because I like TShock but it would be nice to try something differant. Could any of you say what sithous terraria server use.

Also I would like to know how you can run a server for 24 hours a day because I can only run mine when I open the start file. I would prefer without cost lol.

Thanks
[Image: im-watching-you.jpg]
(06-04-2013, 03:21 PM)AlanTheDudeGuy Wrote: Hello there,

I have managed to make a server which I have port forwarded it. However the program I use to run the server is TShock. I just wanted to know what you use to run your server because I like TShock but it would be nice to try something differant. Could any of you say what sithous terraria server use.

Also I would like to know how you can run a server for 24 hours a day because I can only run mine when I open the start file. I would prefer without cost lol.

Thanks

The server uses TShock.

There's two ways to host a server 24 hours a day. One of them is, once you start the server, never to turn it off, and the other is to have someone host it for you.

The first option requires a good internet connection, bandwidth, et cetera to effectively run the server 24 hours a day. It's also a good idea to have a good computer--Linux is a good operating system you can use to host the server.

The second costs money, but it's probably a better option to have someone else (namely hosting companies) since they have a tendency to have not as much lag as your computer might have.
[Image: PDUmXZ6.png]
[Image: lWbyfQH.gif]
OK thanks hidden this is basically all I need to know so an Admin can go ahead and close if they wish to.
[Image: im-watching-you.jpg]

Digg   Delicious   Reddit   Facebook   Twitter   StumbleUpon