[-]
Shout: -
Options
Smilies
Popup Shoutbox

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

An Update on my Break
So apparently my house got griefed, and it was done by someone who knew I had a room full of chests, but I'm on break, so the last thing I want to do is start a griefer hunt right now.

The problem is that the chests were all privated, and privated chests are immune to explosions, yet they were all broken exactly on the spot where the private sign was, which led me to believe it was an admin. So I checked the locks for anything with my name, since I hadn't been on. The only placed my name was said was when two users found the hole and mentioned my name saying to tell me (and good on you guys for telling me). I then checked the deadbolt settings to find that they had been edited to allow destruction of private chests with TNT. I've switched it back, but this now leads me to believe it was most definitely a superadmin, since they are the only ones with FTP access besides me. But yet again, the last thing I want to do is start pointing fingers and starting ANOTHER mess of drama, which is what caused me to want my break in the first place, so here is what I intend to do.

I'm going to open an admin poll and let users decide whether or not they want a new world, and I'll edit whatever files I need to based on that vote. Now, for the big kicker. Regardless of the vote outcome, I am stepping down as Minecraft operator. I hate the job to the point that I hardly even want to play the game with anyone, much less on MY OWN SERVER. I'm sick of the lack of appreciation and respect. I went through a lot of crap so that people could have a fun time on Minecraft and I'm thanked with a hole in my house where at least half of my loot is gone. So if that's the way people want to treat me, then I'll step down. On a tangent, this is also why I never want to become famous... makes you a target of others.

The Minecraft server (after the poll is over) will behave just like all the other servers, where Sky is the head man, and all the Sithous admins are admins, and my rules and policies are void unless Skylar says otherwise. My break, as the title led you to believe this thread was about, will probably be permanent. I -might- stick around to say hello here and there and to do server maintenance if needed (since Sky is a n00b at running Minecraft behind the scenes), but I never want to hear a word from any of you about the Minecraft server unless I explicitly ask.

Now I'm off to make that poll, which is my way of carrying out the last request of the users, since some of them feel the need to reset, but others would like to stay.
I'm going to put a bit before I have to go to a new world! (I don't know what is this) I think what makes me the most sad about this is the complete stop of playing. I miss the fun giant skype calls and the fun we had running around. It was the most fun in my life, sorta. Without you it has just been Nero, Northir, and I and it's just not the same. No more squeaker and no more WTF Squeaker. I still kinda have fun but like I said it's not the same.
When you started this server I had more of a reason to talk to you. To me I kinda thought you were in the back of everyone and didn't really join in some of our fun. Now your stopping and only doing small amounts of things.

TLDR; The server will never be the same with out you. Also, I'll miss you. D:
I'll put more later maybe but I gotta go. : P
[Image: Rhino-warthog-fruity-pebbles.gif?]

"Am I the only one with out a quote?"
-Altrive
I will be keeping the server as it is. The only difference is I may create a system that allows users to register on the site then have admins approve them through the site as well as have other users post under the application. This will not be on the forums, this will be part of the new helpdesk system I am creating.

I'm sorry to see you go.
[Image: lane_change.gif]
Speaking of the griefer hunt, northir looked in all the chests in a SP copy of the world and Harkle's been stealing all the beacons from northir, killerstar, and DJsulli.
If you dwell on what was, you'll be blind as to what is. But you can always learn from what was to make what is better.
-XiaoXiaoMan

[Image: 76561198047427978.png]
I'm too much of a dick so I won't post my opinion.
(03-22-2013, 08:28 PM)Nero35 Wrote: Speaking of the griefer hunt, northir looked in all the chests in a SP copy of the world and Harkle's been stealing all the beacons from northir, killerstar, and DJsulli.

Shado and DJ's bacons*
Xaol can vouch for these findings if he wishes to
[Image: war.gif]

[Image: 76561197978204513.png]

MjSpecter - 15-11-03:53 -- I just did Wendy's cashier... hard for first time
(03-22-2013, 10:03 AM)Altrive Wrote: I'm going to put a bit before I have to go to a new world! (I don't know what is this) I think what makes me the most sad about this is the complete stop of playing. I miss the fun giant skype calls and the fun we had running around. It was the most fun in my life, sorta. Without you it has just been Nero, Northir, and I and it's just not the same. No more squeaker and no more WTF Squeaker. I still kinda have fun but like I said it's not the same.
When you started this server I had more of a reason to talk to you. To me I kinda thought you were in the back of everyone and didn't really join in some of our fun. Now your stopping and only doing small amounts of things.

TLDR; The server will never be the same with out you. Also, I'll miss you. D:
I'll put more later maybe but I gotta go. : P
I'm sorry to see you go David, I hope that you will come back one day, not as a man of mc but a man of Terraria, I hope you do well in college too, since your not that far away from that, and maybe one day, we can do one last hurrah, and go back to 1.2.5, and launch from the cannon of doom.

Good luck and have fun,

P.S if you ever want to hang out on tf2, CA, or Terraria, just get me on Skype. Or anyone for that matter. Anyways goodbye for now David, good luck with your endeavors.
[Image: auolpd1bb91.png]
MjSpecter - 13-12-00:54 -- Ohhh, I do the cashier at Wendy's every sat,sun and mon.
MjSpecter - 13-12-00:54 -- It's a soft job now.
(03-22-2013, 08:28 PM)Nero35 Wrote: Speaking of the griefer hunt, northir looked in all the chests in a SP copy of the world and Harkle's been stealing all the beacons from northir, killerstar, and DJsulli.

We know. We found his secret chest with all of their stuff. It looks like he griefed Forim as well. I investigated around Forim's house and found tripwires and redstone. It looks like he tunneled in from next door.
Setting up a vote now on whether or not we should ban him. I have confiscated the stolen items. DJ, we placed your beacon back on top.
(03-23-2013, 07:46 AM)Xaol Wrote:

We know. We found his secret chest with all of their stuff. It looks like he griefed Forim as well. I investigated around Forim's house and found tripwires and redstone. It looks like he tunneled in from next door.
Setting up a vote now on whether or not we should ban him. I have confiscated the stolen items. DJ, we placed your beacon back on top.

It's nice when problems are solved before you even know about them, thanks.
Shouts to world peace, and the shit we yearn for.
Sometimes I worry that we only hurry to earn more.
Sometimes I worry that we only hurry to hustle.
Forgetting why we love, and all this beautiful struggle.

Digg   Delicious   Reddit   Facebook   Twitter   StumbleUpon