[-]
Shout: -
Options
Smilies
Popup Shoutbox

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

A Little Break
Sorry I haven't been around lately. I'd like to give an update.

Dealing with all of the internal drama and non-official griefer reports has really stressed me out to the point where I'm no longer having fun on the Minecraft server. On top of that, it really disappoints me how many things are done behind my back when I'm not on the server, yet are kept waiting as I am on the server.

My biggest disappointment is the fact that most of these issues are done by admins or superadmins who just want to cheat (but of little enough significance that it won't be noticed for a while) and they know I'll see it if I'm around, but that they might get away with it if I'm gone.

I've been playing some other games to occupy my time and just get my mind off of it with the peace of mind that my hand-picked admins can do a good job.

I'll be back today if only for a while so that my city's new elected council can make some votes. But even after that, I may soon get off again. Playing some of these other games and getting my mind off of Minecraft has been good for me, which is a bit sad that a creative outlet such as Minecraft stresses me out because I'm an admin. If you ever NEED me on the server, be it for griefing, an event, or if you just want to play with me, there are ways to contact me outside of the game to get me online. I just need a little break from being an admin to remind myself that games are fun, not jobs. This is to prevent me from having stress overload and snapping, because if I snap, I might do something drastic like shut down the server. I don't want that. No one else wants that. So I'm avoiding it by... avoiding you guys. Sorry.

I won't be telling anyone what game(s) I've been playing, because it feels really nice to be able to play in secret again where no one can bother me. The only person with whom I've been playing is Spooner, because he spent a large portion of yesterday watching me and wanted to join in.

If there's something you'd like to say or suggest, post below. I like to know what the community is thinking about. Also, since I'm not that active right now, there is a good chance I won't notice when the update comes out. Get my attention through Skype or Steam if that happens, so I can update for you guys and get our plugins set up.

Thanks.
If you ever feel like Terra, just ask. I'll set up a private server and enjoy the 2Dness.
[Image: auolpd1bb91.png]
MjSpecter - 13-12-00:54 -- Ohhh, I do the cashier at Wendy's every sat,sun and mon.
MjSpecter - 13-12-00:54 -- It's a soft job now.
Games are for fun, so I really 1-up your decision to take a break and try other things. :D
I was also thinking of doing that myself, but just having the mindset of having a good day is also as effective, even when shit hits the fan. Have a good one, David, I am sure all this drama is just temporary.
Oh and... MAKE YOURSELF A SAMMICH... That is all... :)

Have a good one!
Don't mess with ANARCHY!

[Image: tt4wO.gif]

- MjSpeCter
Prior to reading you message, Mj, I had made myself a sandwich.
Lets keep on topic people.
Furthermore, I request that no one talk to me outside of the game about things that have to do with the game unless it's something that only I can do or something that might need my approval (like fixing a plugin exploit).

Thank you.
(03-11-2013, 05:10 PM)DeuceMac Wrote: Furthermore, I request that no one talk to me outside of the game about things that have to do with the game unless it's something that only I can do or something that might need my approval (like fixing a plugin exploit).

Thank you.

D: sorry.
My offer to game still stands, by the way, though I think you would enjoy your break more without me. Have fun!
if you want someone to take over the lead on MC while you are gone just let Sky or one of the Sadmins know, im sure we can arrange something
[Image: war.gif]

[Image: 76561197978204513.png]

MjSpecter - 15-11-03:53 -- I just did Wendy's cashier... hard for first time
(03-11-2013, 10:09 PM)Northir Wrote: if you want someone to take over the lead on MC while you are gone just let Sky or one of the Sadmins know, im sure we can arrange something

This. Let us know a time frame and we will work out something to cover for you.
My break is indefinite, but I hope I feel up to returning before too long. I have places the server in the hands of my two hand-picked admins and Skylar, when he wants to. Do what they say as though it were me.

If they say something you don't like or have some unreasonable policies, just suck it up and do what they say. If it gets too bad, no one is forcing you to play on the server, but I don't want to get any complaints about what they're doing. If all else fails, you can forward all complaints to Sky, who can send the ones that only I can deal with to me.

Thank you for your cooperation. Pass this message on to any users who are not active on the forums, please.

Digg   Delicious   Reddit   Facebook   Twitter   StumbleUpon