[-]
Shout: -
Options
Smilies
Popup Shoutbox

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Update 1308b
Apparently dealing with the issue in-game wasn't enough for anyone, so here we go.

As we ALL know, the war effort by the FCA and Arbyora-Morgschka Army against the bandit rebellion was taken a little too far last night. It ended with a destroyed rebel base, a damaged Falconport City, and two admins losing their rights.

This isn't fun for anyone, but it's important that we get this all behind us as soon as possible. By that, I mean today. I've been having the same talk with everyone on Steam to the point at which my hands are in pain, which is why this post is coming out so late in the day. I'll be discussing my views and the future of the server through a series of points.

THE DEMOTED ADMINS ARE NOT GETTING PROMOTED AGAIN

Admins have been hired and fired since this server first opened up in Beta 1.8.1 and the policy has not and will not change. Any admin demoted will never be promoted again. This will be the third time in server history that an admin lost their status.

BOTH PARTIES ARE AT FAULT

As is evidenced by my latest YouTube production, the FCA and Arbyora-Morgschka Army both participated in large-scale griefing. Yet, as I was trying to figure out how to fix it, I caught the rebellion in the act of destroying property in Falconport built by people who didn't even participate in the griefing. Both sides of this are equally guilty. I said this last night (check the server log if you don't believe me) and I've had to say it many times today.

RULE 1 WILL BE ENFORCED

Because of the careless disregard toward Server Rule 1 displayed yesterday, I am adopting a personal no-tolerance policy regarding rule 1. Griefing of any kind (especially due to war) will not be tolerated and will result in an indefinite ban.

LIFE WILL GO ON

This is my biggest point, and most of the users are already following this. We must remain optimistic. Damage was done, but life goes on. It is time to put the past (even though recent) in the past and forget about this whole mess and have a good, clean fight. Some people have elected to quit the server (be it temporary or permanent), but I disagree. This isn't the time to flee our issues, but rather time to work together and press on. Although I threatened, I will not be shutting down the server for this reason. Many players were unaffected by this tragedy and it would be wrong to punish them for this sort of thing by shutting down the server. Everyone needs to stay on the server, end of story. We don't need cowards. The world will not be resetting in 1.5, so really leaving the server puts you at a disadvantage. New admins will be hired in the coming weeks. If you ask to be an admin, you will be banned. I'm probably going to limit new admins to people who I know outside of the Internet that I can talk to in person on a regular basis.

Above all, there will be no more talk of this issue ever. We're putting this in our past like adults and we're going to be optimistic about the server's future. Post your thoughts below and nowhere else!
I did not leave the server to "flee my issues" I left the server due to the overwhelming hypocrisy shown when dealing with the problem, so by leaving I solved my problem, I no longer have to deal with it.
[Image: 76561198051960325.png]
Everyone will die one day.
I just plan on deserving it.
Thank you, Forim, for listening to my advice.

I think it's key to remember that BOTH parties are to blame here. As such, I want to respectfully remind everyone not to degenerate to name-calling or pointing fingers at eachother. Lets keep comments constructive, but kind.
Well, that seemed to escalate quickly, and that was a shock, I was hoping a game wouldn't get this so far out of hand, and no David, I should be the one to blame, I was to giddy to blow something up, mell retaliated because of me, no one else is at blame.
[Image: auolpd1bb91.png]
MjSpecter - 13-12-00:54 -- Ohhh, I do the cashier at Wendy's every sat,sun and mon.
MjSpecter - 13-12-00:54 -- It's a soft job now.
(02-18-2013, 06:44 PM)ShadoHeart Wrote: mell retaliated because of me, no one else is at blame.

Hey lets not forget Davids not in the right either he did send everyone on the mission and encourage you blowing it up. Mel isnt in the right either I had my house blown up to and i wanted revenge but i simmered down after a while, Mel just dragged it on.

Shado you arnt the only one who did something wrong
[Image: pluoad1bb8e.png]
[Image: 50dda073afa96f2a240085e5.gif]
(02-18-2013, 07:32 PM)Clark Wrote:
(02-18-2013, 06:44 PM)ShadoHeart Wrote: mell retaliated because of me, no one else is at blame.

Hey lets not forget Davids not in the right either he did send everyone on the mission and encourage you blowing it up. Mel isnt in the right either I had my house blown up to and i wanted revenge but i simmered down after a while, Mel just dragged it on.

Shado you arnt the only one who did something wrong

Jeez, did you not read my post? Lets not worry about who was to blame. That's not constructive at this point in time.
Omg Xaol, da supermod! STRIKES AGAIN!
Don't mess with ANARCHY!

[Image: tt4wO.gif]

- MjSpeCter

Digg   Delicious   Reddit   Facebook   Twitter   StumbleUpon