[-]
Shout: -
Options
Smilies
Popup Shoutbox

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

I feel like shit...
Alright... So here we go. This has been a constant thing. I either need some serious help, or someone to kick me in the ass and tell me to get the fuck over it. Either way. This is my issue, and I would appreciate it if you would not judge me for this. Read the whole damn thing before you even say a thing at all. This is how it is:

For a while now, I've had this bugging feeling whenever I play a game. Now, I can be a casual video game player sometimes. That isn't my problem. My problem is when my brain, and I, start to become competitive. I am so easily agitated that everything in the world pisses me off. Especially failing. This could be said for many of the games I play. I guess you could say that when I get competitive, I'm a complete asshat, and I'm a sore loser. However, after a lot of thinking, and after going through a very pissed off mode, I suddenly break down, and just stop everything I'm doing. Losing like that eventually makes me feel very upset, and I just want to curl up somewhere and stay there. Not cry, or anything like that, but I just don't want to do anything at all. This is because my mentality is this when I'm playing competitively: I want to be better. I want to be known for what I do. I want to be recognized BECAUSE of my skill in certain games. And while I'll admit that I'm decent at some games, it's never enough. I want to get better. Nobody ever compliments me on how well I played. How well I just crushed a certain game because I'm never good enough for that. I want to be something more, and when I fail to do that, it REALLY gets to me. Whether it makes me mad, or upset, it still gets to me. And then there's always one person I complain to because of it. And that makes me feel like shit. I really cannot believe I complain over losing. That's essentially what I'm doing, and it makes me feel like crap. First world problems, ugh... Anyway, my point is that no matter how much I think that I'm terrible for complaining about it, I just keep on complaining. I don't know why. It just happens, and I don't want it to. At the same time, I still want to be better. I want to be recognized... Is that so wrong? I need some help, please... Someone give me at least SOME advice. And please don't be an asshole and tell me to stop complaining, because that isn't going to work. Sorry. Just, help me...

tl;dr: I'm whining because I'm not ridiculously skilled at games, and it makes me feel like an asshole. Help me.
[Image: 76561198037112080.png]
Clarify question? Are you saying you are getting mad because when you do bad in a game that you are normally good at you get stressed out?
Or you feel like your bad at games and you know you can get better?
[Image: Rhino-warthog-fruity-pebbles.gif?]

"Am I the only one with out a quote?"
-Altrive
Well, I get mad when I lose at something that I want to get better at. That's what pisses me off, and then I get very sad later. And, just for more clarity. I get very mad and upset afterwards BECAUSE I got upset earlier, and I feel so stupid for it.
[Image: 76561198037112080.png]
well i can tell you from experience that sucking at any video game is the only way to get better at it, if you play easy mode, you continue to suck, if you play hard mode you slowly some times painfully get better at it, you develop new strategies and ways to defeat your opponent even though you may not be consciously thinking about it
[Image: war.gif]

[Image: 76561197978204513.png]

MjSpecter - 15-11-03:53 -- I just did Wendy's cashier... hard for first time
First of all, I'm going to kick you in the ass, but I'm not going to tell you to get over it.

I had a problem just like this, specifically when I played CoD. The way I got over it was by playing as sarcastically as possible. Ask anyone who's played with me in Teamspeak how sarcastic I am. Now when I play, I never rage, and I usually play better than when I try-hard.

If you still have any trouble treating games like.. games. Message me. There is a series on YouTube that will help you have fun in games.
Shouts to world peace, and the shit we yearn for.
Sometimes I worry that we only hurry to earn more.
Sometimes I worry that we only hurry to hustle.
Forgetting why we love, and all this beautiful struggle.
Dude, Lifes an hourglass, might as well play in the sand 'til its gone. So what if your not good at games there's gonna be tons of other stuff that you will be good at, no matter what have fun with what your doing.
[Image: 76561198051960325.png]
Everyone will die one day.
I just plan on deserving it.
Well, This sounds like soemthing my brother would know alot about, except he gets like super raging hulk mode when he loses...or something like that...But, what you should know is that if you keep trying you'll get better. Because everyone knows that the first time they try anything it won't be very good (Unless you happen to be that person with every damn talent known to man) But you kow what i mean.
[Image: auolpd1bb91.png]
MjSpecter - 13-12-00:54 -- Ohhh, I do the cashier at Wendy's every sat,sun and mon.
MjSpecter - 13-12-00:54 -- It's a soft job now.
Realize how menial game playing is, and that the only way to not be a sore loser is to realize that, I understand you're competative, and that's cool, it can kind of make you strive to get better, but when you lose, you must realize : Why mope because I lost when I can train and win? I'll talk to you later on skype man.
Now here is what you do from my stand point.

First off amp I know nothing about you so this is a shot in the dark. You should try a vent, something physical. I don't know where you are in the world but American football or hockey is your best bet at a physical vent. Should that fail try to not rage at a game in the first place for the love of god it's a game you are yelling at a grid of pixels for crying out loud. I can't say this is a situation I'm familiar with but if this anger is seeping into your social life you might want to see a doctor.
[Image: pluoad1bb8e.png]
[Image: 50dda073afa96f2a240085e5.gif]
Ok Clark, I appreciate that you are trying to help but what you said is of no help.
1. How does one rage at a game and then at the moment somehow get up and go play hokey or football to vent that anger?
2. Yes he is yelling at a game and himself, but everyone already established that, don't need to do it again and make him feel bad.
3. F*ck the Doctors! (Cept Dr. Who :])

What I suggest for you, Amp, is to play the competitive games with a group of friends on voice chat or play the game with 'fun rules'. I used to get mad ad CoD all the time when I was 14 years old, I did not go to your extent but I was angered enough to want to smash something. 'fun rules' is limiting yourself to one type of play pattern only, for example" Knife only in FPS, Playing a bot char top in LoL; Playing a style you know has a good chance of losing, but still playing it for the hell of it. I find that this method helped me alot because when I got a killstreak in this "fun rules' style of play, made me laugh so hard at the stupid enemies that crossed my path so ignorantly.

Anyways, just some things that helped me take a game for nothing more than a reason to troll people.
And this is a quote that comes to my head when I think of this, pardon the context:
"Just have fun and you won't need a gun"

P.S. I swear I just came up with that, I think it's original? if so '-Sukhmeet Dhamrait' behind it! >:P
HAPPY GAMING!!!!!!
Don't mess with ANARCHY!

[Image: tt4wO.gif]

- MjSpeCter

Digg   Delicious   Reddit   Facebook   Twitter   StumbleUpon